When a push happens on GitHub,
mr.roboto is triggered so starts to analyze the push.
- If it’s on
buildout-coredevit starts the job of the branch that has been pushed. In this case we send to plone-cvs the commit to keep track of the commits on that list.
- If it’s on a package that’s on the
buildout-coredevit starts the coredev jobs that are linked to that package and a kgs job with that package. This kgs job is a snapshot of the last working version of the
buildout.coredevwith the newest version of the package that is involved on the push. This jobs are really fast as we only test the package applied to the kgs plone/python version
- If it’s on a plip specification it runs the job that is configured Through The Web on
When jenkins finish a job it does a callback to
mr.roboto in order to :
- If it comes from a
coredevjob, all the
coredevjobs related to that push are finished writes a comment on the GitHub commit with all the information (once and with all the information so no more empty mails from gh notification system)
- If it comes from a kgs job and all the kgs jobs are finished, (that may take max 10 min) and some has failed we send a mail to testbot mailing list saying that a commit failed on kgs job. We also send a mail to plone-cvs with the information to keep track of all the commits.
- If it comes from a kgs job and all the kgs jobs are finished, and all are working we send a mail to plone-cvs with the information to keep track of all the commits.
For all kgs jobs jenkins sends a mail to the author with the results when is finished.
All the notifications has a url like : http://jenkins.plone.org/roboto/get_info?push=9a183de85b3f48abb363fa8286928a10
on this url there is the commit, who, the diff, the files and the result for each jenkins job.
- plone-testbot mailing list is receiving only when a test fails on kgs environment and may take max 10 min from the push.
- plone-cvs always has the commit there with the diff and the information and may take 10 min to get there after the push.
- author receives the results of tests failing against kgs on 10 min
In case of integration errors with other packages that may fail because of the push kgs will not be aware of that,
so it’s important that at the end
(and after the 50’ that takes the
coredev jobs you also check the latest version of
coredev with your push)